
Sorry, I was having technical difficulties wit` me blogue. Hope you enjoyed the Anime.
It`s Saturday morning, 9am Tokyo time, and I`m already 5 hours into my day. I`ve been in Japan for 6 days but my body still thinks it`s at 1869 Arlington Court. I lie in bed every morning around 4am, ponder the filth only inches below me and my air mattress, give up hopes of falling back asleep and awkardly step out of my hotel to start my day. Luckily Japan offers a colorful array of pre-sunrise activities, like fish markets, mountain climbing and queing for the soup kitchen in front of my hotel. Deciding on how to fill a day full of excitment before the majority of Tokyoites are getting their breakfest-fill of Udon noodle, has taken me some uncharted territory (NEVER TRUST A LONELY PLANET!!!) Which brings me to my...
Things Lonely Planet doesn`t tell you, but should #1: Carrying a backpack containing all of your belongings through Tokyo rush-hour, is not only not to be recommended, it is impossible. I got kicked off the subway at every station, and had to wait for for 2 to 3 more trains before being able to shove my way back on, only to be kicked off at the next station. One time I was literally kicked by a woman approximately half the size of my backpack.
No comments:
Post a Comment