Thursday, September 25, 2008

More Kyoto

Sorry for the delays. I'm fine. It's been rough finding computers over here that are flickr/blogspot/gmail-compatible. I was even working with dial-up the other day. Here are some more pictures from the rest of my Kyoto exploits.
The Gold Pavillion.

This is me in my Ryokan (traditional Japanese hotel room). I think the check-in counter was confused when I made the mistake and booked a room that was actually meant for a whole family. Luckily the cockroaches kept me company. YIKES!



At one point during the tea ceremony, oh, what was it. Oh yea, I took the wisp and set it in the 2 o'clock position instead of 10. Big mistake. Madam Kimono was not impressed.




Own personal Buddha. I stumbled into this mausoleum and discovered rooms full of personal shrines. I managed to open a few and found incense, figurines and even money. They are catalogued at the front desk and ashes of family members can be stored below. Rather interesting.

No comments: